Our goal is to make sure that you have the experience of a lifetime. South Pacific Exchange is here to support you every step of the way.
Our service breakdown includes:
Planning & Preparation
- Advisory service and guidance
- Interview and selection process
Organisation & Preselection
- Preselection of high school/college
- Support of travel arrangements
Enrolment, Host Family & Support
- School selection and enrolment
- Host family selection and introduction
- Integration into community
- Orientation and briefing
- Introduction to new friends and contacts, including other exchange students
- Shopping (guidance only) for any personal needs
- Organisation for trip back home, including transportation, posting of items, deregistrations and farewell occasions etc.
Further Support - Optional Service
- Visits and inspection of host family [ once per term ]
- Initial consultation with the school about integration and progress
- Recommendations for sporting and recreational activities available through school
- Recommendations for cultural, leisure and tourist activities
- Access to counselling and support organisations
- Fortnightly catch ups with exchange student (phone or face-to-face)
- School visits and consultation with the people in charge of student's education status [ once per term ]
- Written report to parents about integration, performance and well-being.
- School fees - aproximately NZD $8,000+ for 6 months or NZD $16,000+ for 12 months. Additional school related costs apply.
- Living costs - aproximately NZD $270 per week.
- Pocket money.
- Registration fees for recreational and sporting activities outside the school programme.